Commercial kitchen rental
AFFORDABLE HOURLY RATE
The 1,152-square-foot commercial kitchen at Blue Mountain Station is available for hourly rental by anyone in the region.
Below you’ll find more information about the kitchen and how to rent it, and a calendar showing the current time slots already reserved.
Kitchen uses & specifications
- Start-up food processing businesses that need part-time facilities.
- Entrepreneurs doing product research and development.
- Caterers or food truck operators that need a certified space for food preparation.
- Local farmers that need a certified water source to wash produce.
- 4-H groups, colleges, community groups, businesses or residents needing a place to conduct cooking classes or culinary demonstrations.
- Community members that need a place to prepare, process and preserve food for personal use or for sale.
Kitchen specifications (downloadable PDF):
- 1,152 square feet.
- Food-grade wall covering (FRP) to a height of 6 feet with 10-foot ceilings.
- Type 1 exhaust hood over 6-burner propane stove/oven combo.
- Electric convection oven.
- Under-counter commercial dishwasher.
- 8’x8’ walk-in cooler.
- 8’x8’ walk-in freezer.
- Floor mixer, standing mixer, scale, food processor, power grinder, meat slicer, coffee mill and microwave.
- Cutting boards, stainless steel food prep containers, mixing bowls, crock pots.
- Miscellaneous kitchen utensils, including rolling pins, spatulas and large spoons.
- Stainless steel three-compartment sink and separate vegetable washing sink.
- Janitor’s closet with mop sink and separate hand-washing sink.
- Floor drains.
- Glass front entry door with windows to the south.
- Double doors to the rear of the building (service and delivery area).
- Access to the public restroom.
- Serving counter/window into Co-op Market retail area.
- Opportunity to sell product in Co-op Market retail area.
The commercial kitchen may be leased between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. by the hour occasionally or on a regular basis. All users must sign a user agreement prior to working in the kitchen and pay the following fees and deposits:
- $15 per hour kitchen use fee.
- $50 cleaning deposit, which will be returned to you if the kitchen is left in a clean and usable condition.
I'd like to reserve the kitchen
Follow these steps to reserve the commercial kitchen:
- Review and sign the user agreement and its attachments:
- Commercial Kitchen Rules
- Sanitation and Safety Rules
- Health and Cleanliness Rules
- Food Handler’s Card and Other Permit Info (you will need a current food worker card)
- Rental Process and Fee Schedule
- Contact us by calling (509) 382-2577 or emailing the office at the Port of Columbia to reserve hours for kitchen use and arrange delivery of your signed user agreement.
- Review access info you receive when reserving the kitchen.
- Start planning your cooking/baking adventure!